Join Put People First! PA virtually for our 8th Annual Membership Assembly
Click here to register! The Put People First! PA Membership Assembly is the largest yearly gathering of PPF-PA, open to brand new and experienced members. We come together from across the state to build community, reflect on our work, strategize, share art and culture and envision the year ahead!
Schedule (all times Eastern):
Thursday October 15
- 6 – 8 pm: PPF-PA 101 (new members)
- 6-8 pm: Healthcare Workers Forum
Friday October 16
- 5:30 – 6:30 pm: Meet and Greet (all members + partner organizations welcome)
- 7 – 9 pm: Panel Discussion with National Partners: Medicaid Marches (all members + partner organizations welcome)
Saturday October 17
- 10 – 11 am: Opening Ceremony with Chris Caruso and Sheilah Garland-Oranian (all members + partner organizations welcome)
- 11 am – noon:
- Year-long review (experienced members welcome)
- PPF-PA 101 (new members welcome)
- PPF-PA 101 Youth Track (youth 12-18 welcome)
- 1 – 2 pm: Partner organization meeting
- 3 – 4:30 pm:
- Campaign Strategy session (experienced members welcome)
- Leadership Across Difference (new members welcome)
- Young people and class struggle (youth 12-18 welcome)
- 7 – 8:30 pm: Art and Culture Night
Sunday October 18th
- 10 am – 12 pm: 1 on 1 workshop (new members and partner organizations welcome)
- 1 – 2:30 pm:
- Leadership Across Difference (experienced members welcome)
- Base building 101 (new members welcome)
- 4 – 6 pm: Closing (all members and partner organizations welcome)
The 2020 Put People First! PA Membership Assembly will be held virtually October 15-18 due to the Covid19 pandemic. Evening sessions Thursday October 15 and Friday October 16 will be followed by periodic sessions during the weekend of October 17-18. We will not be on zoom for longer than two hours at any one time. There will be two orientations for brand new members as part of the assembly, a panel with national partners, a youth track, an art and culture night, as well as simultaneous interpretation in Spanish and American Sign Language. Register to reserve your spot today!
Health Care is a Human Right!
Put People First! PA is a vehicle for everyday people across Pennsylvania to unite, build our power, and claim our human rights.
We’re organizing across the state through our nine Healthcare Rights Committees and members in 17 counties.
We’re a human rights organization, and our current campaign is for the human right to health care: everyone deserves the care they need, when they need it, without going broke. There is enough for all of us – a truly universal health care system is possible. We need to organize to get it.